The importance "marketability" plays in your bands URL Developing your bands own URL or website is yet another way to get your band recognized, not just by fans, but by A&R's as well. A&R's typically take a tour through a bands website to get a clearer understanding of their marketability. Marketability in the sense of your bands image, sound, touring schedule, CD and concert reviews, CD releases, pics, etc and more importantly your Social Engineering. True - most bands will get a My Space or Facebook Page up and running but the most of the A&R's I've spoken with don't care about My Space and Facebook as much as some may think. There is one thing however that A&R's do look at on My Space: the number of hits your songs have. Generally a figure of over 1,000,000 hits will be enough to get their interests up pretty quickly, but A&R's are well aware that these numbers can be manipulated, so it's very important to point out that this is just one in a long list of "red flag" items A&R's look for when evaluating money making potential. Again A&R's are not stupid & can see through things like excessive My Space Friends, artificial hit numbers, meaningless blogs, etc. The below items are also of interest to the A&R on your URL and My Space:
- Anything demonstrating buzz factor
- Anything demonstrating marketability
- Professional band pics
- Music and Concert Reviews links
- A link to your downloadable EPK, Press Pack and "1" Sheet
- Touring Schedule and list of venue dates
- MP3's or song clips
- Links to download your music
- YOU TUBE live clips
- Reliable contact info
- Song hit numbers
- The amount of friends your have
- Social Engineering Links
Web Presence Internet Presence along with Online Social Networking is one just one of the things A&R Representative look at when evaluating money making potential in a band or artist. A strong internet presence, and socially networking shows that your not only beating the street, it shows your working hard getting both your name and music out here for the world to see. Below are 10 things you can do to greatly increase your overall Search Engine Optimizing.
- Band URL, Official Website
- My Space
- Concert and Music reviews
- Live clips and videos on YOU TUBE
- Posting your song lyrics online
- Distributing your music to CD BABY and signing up for Digital Distribution - More Info
- Signing up for Radio Direct-X Extensive Radio Distribution - More Info
- Linking & networking with other bands sites
- Becoming affiliated with a local Club owners, & Booking Agencies for their various Press Releases regarding upcoming events.
Don't Limit Your Exposure You may be limiting yourself with just a My Space. For example what happens if an A&R wants to download your Press Pack, or read a CD or concert review, look at a detailed concert schedule? The best angle is utilizing both My Space & a URL. This is the best way to get your point across. A URL is not expensive when you consider the overall impact it will have. It also separates you from other bands that don't have a URL & clearly shows you took the time & initiative to go above & beyond something that was for free. The truth is anyone can start a band, anyone can launch a My Space page, but it takes skill & business savvy to build an effective & professional looking web site.
(1) IMD Web Site. All URL's are completed within 30 working days.
Price $500.00 USD
How to Submit your CD
How to Submit a Song
IMD Music Critics
Join the IMD Team
|All materials copywrite of www.imdiemusicdigest.com. (c) 2007-2009 Indie Music Reviews. All Rights Reserved|